“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant.– Robert Louis Stevenson”
I have been inspired by Robert Louis’s quote and perished in 2021. In this blog, I am looking back at how this year was to me and I have penned down from my learnings in product management, testing and books, courses in 2021.
As I have mentioned earlier, dividing the list of blogs into two major categories:
- Learnings from Books
- Learnings from the Experience
Learnings from Books
I have read a total of 12 books this year and compiled learnings from my 2 favourite books this year.
- Masters of Scale – Reid Hoffman
- Inspired – Marty Cagan
Are you struggling to balance your personal and professional life and trying to improve your career as well as your organization? The first thing you have to do is to learn from the founders, CEOs real life experiences. Learnings from Masters of Scale.
If you are a Product Manager who wants to enhance your career then this is for you. My Key learnings from Inspired
Learnings from the Experience
As a Product Manager, I am fond of the importance of continuous learning and it helps in product management. Being curious and striving to do daily learning leads to a product’s success.
The Product Manager’s every day is filled with small wins as well as challenges and new learnings. It makes me rejuvenate and improve as a PM. I have shared the insights from my experiences in these articles, it will help as a new PM or an aspiring PM.
- How Do Mind Maps Help in Product Management?
- Five Handy Tips For Testers in DevOps
- How Cooking Enhanced My Product Testing?
- Top 10 Key Learnings from Inspired
- Top 5 tips for SaaS Product Management Success
- Product Managers: Top 5 Tips for Customer Interviews
- Key Learnings from Leadership by Design Course from Stanford
- How Being Organized Help as a Product Manager?
- Top 10 Key Learnings from Masters of Scale
The Books Read in 2021
I read the below list of books read in 2021. This consists of the combination of general books and product management books.
- Inspired by Marty Cagan
- Masters of Scale by Reid Hoffman
- Product Led Onboarding by Ramli John
- Empowered by Marty Cagan
- Buddha in Testing: Finding Peace in Chaos by by Pradeep Soundarrajan
- Atomic Habits by John Clear
- Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson
- Do the Work by Steven Pressfield and Seth Godin
- Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez
- Something Happened on the way to heaven by Sudha Murthy
- The Decision Maker by Dennis Bakke
- The Startup Way by Eric Ries
Courses / Certifications
- Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies – a course of study offered by HarvardX
- Leadership by Design: Using Design Thinking to Transform Companies and Careers at Stanford
- The Pivot Playbook
- Mindset of Scale
- The leadership test
I’ve attended the below events:
- Women In Product conference
- Masters of Scale Book launch
Shared my story in an interview at the Workmob community.
Feel free to share your learnings and achievements this year in the comments.
Wishing you and your family a Happy and Healthy New Year 2022!!!