“We read to know we’re not alone.” ― William Nicholson
I have been an active Listener of Masters of Scale MOS for 4+ years now. I heard about the Masters of Scale(MoS) podcast from our CEO Karthik Chidambaram in 2017.
At the start of this year, I joined the MOS community. One of the benefits of the community member is getting early access to the book. I’ve preordered the Kindle version of the book. I wanted to share my top 10 key learnings from the Masters of Scale book authored by Reid Hoffman with June Cohen and Deron Triff. Also, the other benefit was attending the official book launch event.
We can learn many surprising truths from the world’s most successful entrepreneurs. We can take a reference for any of our business problems, there will be a story for that. Let us go into the topic now.
My Top 10 Key learnings from Masters of Scale
My top 10 key learnings from Masters of Scale are below.
- The gold is buried in “Nos”. Each “No” helps to identify who is the target user and who is not.
- Handcraft your way into your user’s heart.
- Go where ideas will find you.
- A culture is always under construction.
- Rapid decision-making is a key to explosive growth.
- Learning to unlearn is the hidden mindset for scale.
- Watch what the customers do—and what they don’t do.
- Make a pivot like a joint decision.
- Evolve continuously. Be the Star-Maker.
- Create what you want to see.
The pictorial representation of my top key learnings is below:
As Reid Hoffman mentioned, it is much more about creating the right product culture for success, and scaling the product. This book has an array of lessons from various founders, entrepreneurs.
I would recommend taking this book as a guide to the budding product manager, or a seasoned product manager. I hope you enjoyed my key takeaways from the book. To know more go through the complete book from here.
“Masters of Scale” – by Reid Hoffman with June Cohen and Deron Triff