“A value is valuable when the value of valuable to oneself.”
― Dayananda Saraswati
Testers can be involved from the early project life cycle, in requirements collection phase itself. It will help testers to understand the business requirements better. In this blog, we are going to see a few tips about how testers can add value in their work :
- Foremost thing is to be curious as always.
- Learn the trending skills and keep you updated.
- Ask the right questions to the right people.
- Be collaborative within the team as well as other team members.
- Understand Customer’s business flows.
- Analysing Requirements.
- Planning test strategy
- Preparing test documentation derive from the Requirements
- Creating Test Cases for system, and acceptance.
- Participating in project and quality risk analysis.
- Exploratory testing of newly released features.
- Writing automation scripts for regression testing.
- When any task taken for more than 1 hour daily, write a script to do that. For example, you are spending your1 hour to analyze the project logs to filter the data daily. You can write a shell/perl script to do that for you and you can even set up a scheduler to run periodically and sent you output in the email.
- Build your SQL query writing skills. Start with the basics and then you can start writing the complex queries. This will help to understand the back end functionality of the project too.
- Be part of the testing community. In the community, you should not always be a taker and you have to contribute back to the community.
Hope these tips help you to enhance your value in your work. Watch this space to know more about testing!! Happy Testing!!